Roadmap to Space Settlement Student Art Contest
Judging Guidelines for Submitted Artwork
1) The art must feature one of the Milestones presented in the Roadmap to Space Settlement and/or meet the specified criteria for that particular year stated on the contest "Home Page" (General info and Prizes).
2) The art must provide a realistic depiction of future human space settlement and associated activities and endeavors. We are not looking for abstract, impressionistic, surrealist, or science fiction art. The art need not be fully photorealistic, but the closer to that goal, the better.
3) If the art is of an interior scene, there should normally be a view to the outside (a window) that makes it possible to easily identify the location or setting of the scene. Exceptions are permissible when the subject matter warrants it.
4) The art should provide an uplifting, positive message of our future in space. Images that contain scenes of battle, criminal activity, etc., are to be excluded from consideration.
5) The art must be non-offensive and appropriate for viewing by children.
6) Depictions of identifiable persons (other than the artist), whether real or fictional, is not permitted.
7) For distinctions between a "base" and a "settlement" please see the page on Resource Information for Artists.
8) Artwork should be the entrants own work and not contain in whole or part the work of others. Judges should take care to identify if any of the work has been plagiarized.
9) in addition to meeting all stated guidelines of submissions, a consensus of the judges may decide not to award Grand, First, and/or Honorable Mention awards in any particular year if it is determined that sufficient artistic merit has not been achieved. In effect, the judges may decide not to give out any awards in any award category.
If you have any questions regarding the contest, please email the NSS Education and Outreach Chair, Lynne Zielinski, at: email@example.com
MENU for NSS Space Settlement Art Contest: