[Publicaffairs] NSS Public Affairs Committee - an Invitation

Jeremy Pyle jeremy at nss.org
Tue Jan 2 22:47:41 EST 2007

Good evening and Happy New Year!

The NSS Public Affairs Committee is currently looking for 2007 committee
members.  Whether you've served on the committee in the past, or are looking
for a new way to become involved in NSS, we need you!  Here's a brief
overview of who we are and what we do:

The P.A. Committee is looking for:
*                   Public Relations, Advertising & Marketing professionals
*                   Current or former Journalists, authors and creative
writers
*                   Experts in Web design or other interactive technologies
*                   Anyone interested in helping NSS strengthen
communications with media, members, and the general public

The three branches of the P.A. Committee are:
*                   Public Affairs (general media relations, supporting
other NSS committees with )
*                   Publications (Ad Astra Magazine, Ad Astra Online, "NSS
Downlink" (e-mail newsletter))
*                   Internet Communications (Includes NSS.com technical
development & online content creation)

Since everyone has limited time, the P.A. Committee will meet via conference
call once a month only, with occasional calls in between to tackle specific
projects.  Ultimately, you will only be asked to do that which you have time
for.

If you are interested in serving on the NSS Public Affairs Committee in
2007, please reply back to me via e-mail by Monday, January 15 and let me
know the following:
1.       Your specific area(s) of experience and interest,
2.       Your availability in terms of how many hours per week you usually
can devote to NSS public affairs tasks, and
3.       Your top three choices for a convenient date & time for our monthly
conference call
(for example: Monday nights after 8 p.m. EST, Tuesday afternoons between 4-6
pm CST, etc.)

After January 15th, I will contact all interested members with information
about our first meeting.  In the meantime, please contact me if you have any
questions.

Thank you!
Jeremy

Jeremy L. Pyle