[Publicaffairs] Re: Space Settlement Ideas

Arthur Smith apsmith at aps.org
Fri Jan 27 09:37:11 EST 2006

LOBY4SPACE at aol.com wrote:

> 3.  Question:  How can we best utilize the Simberg and Reynolds blogs?

I've been looking at some of the "content management systems" out there
- one thing we could do with the portal-type software with these blogs,
with the Space Show, with Jeff Foust's and Keith Cowing's space content
too if they're willing, is create a sort of one-stop page that
aggregates the latest stuff from all of them (or where people can
customize which ones they want to see).

One caution though - Simberg and Reynolds post a lot that is very
partisan; if we have any agreement we need to be careful we're not
putting ourselves in a position that threatens our 501c(3) status. In
particular, having NSS listed as a sponsor of some sort on their sites
would probably not be acceptable, unless it was made clear the
sponsorship was only for non-partisan space material somehow.

          Arthur