[Publicaffairs] Space Settlement Ideas

Marianne mjdyson at swbell.net
Thu Jan 26 18:28:07 EST 2006

I like the idea of us sponsoring one show a month. I don't subscribe to
iTunes and, if it weren't for the regular e-mails from David, I'd probably
never remember to tune in. Many times I have to miss the show because of
meetings, class, etc. so having a way to post some questions beforehand and
find out the answers and a summary of the talk afterward would be nice -
maybe on our proposed blog. I'm also unlikely to check the website unless
something in Downlink reminds me to do it (like registering for the ISDC!).
I think I'm pretty typical of our members who have the computer know-how to
do these things but lack time to tune in or check websites on a weekly
basis. So having a once-a-month show that we'd remind our members about in
our Space Settlement e-mail and/or Downlink would probably generate the most
response.

Thanks for stimulating some discussion, Jeremy. It is always refreshing to
hear all your great ideas and enthusiasm for space.

Marianne

  _____