[LISS] Astronaut Michael Massimino, January 22, 7:30 pm

Arthur Smith apsmith at aps.org
Thu Jan 18 12:04:13 EST 2007

The Cradle of Aviation Museum is holding a special free event next
Monday, January 22nd with Long Island astronaut Michael Massimino, who
will be soon returning to space to repair the Hubble Telescope.

This is for CAM *members only* - if you haven't become a member there,
doing it for this event might be worth it. Call them at the number below.

 --- Arthur Smith

SPECIAL MEMBERS ONLY FREE EVENT

*FROM LONG ISLAND
TO SPACE
AND BACK AGAIN.
*

Mike has recently been assigned to the final Space Shuttle mission to
the Hubble Space Telescope. The mission will extend and improve the
observatory's capabilities through 2013. The launch is targeted for 2008.

We apologize for the short notice. We were presented with this wonderful
opportunity this week and we did not want to miss the chance to have
Mike Massimino come and visit us here at the Cradle.

When: Monday, January 22, 2007, 7:30pm
Where: Cradle of Aviation Museum, IMAX theatre
Admission: Free, but space is very limited and reservations are
required. Reservations will be taken on a first come, first served basis.

To reserve your seat please call 516-572-4066.