[ISDC2006] ISDC hotel rooms

George T. Whitesides gtwhitesides at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 03:16:27 EST 2006

Hi all,

  Here's the straight scoop on rooms at the conference hotel:

  We have, for the first time in recent memory, filled our room block two  months before the conference.  This is good news, as it is a  harbinger of great attendance.

  Luckily, our contract enables us to get the same great rate for as long  as the hotel still has rooms, which it still does (it has 800+ rooms).

  We're now arranging with the hotel to have our room block increased,  which will make it logistically easier for people to reserve  online.  Pending the success of this operation, we will keep a  close eye to make sure that registrants continue to have an easy time  of making reservations.

  We are also talking with the hotel about designating a neighbouring  hotel in case our hotel actually fills up totally.  If we do so,  we will aim to negotiate roughly the same great rate.

  Please let Pat know if you hear of any additional issues concerning  hotel room booking and we will take care of them as they come.

  And please remind everyone you know that, if they haven't yet, now is  definitely the time to reserve hotel rooms and to register for the  conference!

  Thanks and best,

  George

George T. Whitesides
Executive Director, National Space Society
  1620 I St. NW, Suite 615  | Washington, DC  20006
T:  202 429 1600  | F:  202 463 8497  | M:  626 833 5869
  george at nss.org   |  www.nss.org

  May 4-7, Los Angeles:
  25th Annual International Space Development Conference
  The citizen space event of the year!  www.isdc2006.org