[ISDC2006] Elachi will speak

pcojanis pcojanis at ureach.com
Tue Jan 31 15:05:09 EST 2006

Bruce,

This is excellent news!!  Having him speak on May 4 will
probably require a few things to change in the conference
schedule format to appropriately accommodate a speaker of his
level.  Maybe he would be a good luncheon speaker for that day
is something has not already been arranged.

There is something that you (Bruce) and George will need to
follow up on regarding JPL and Elachi.  I have been talking with
the JPL public relations office, in particular the group that
provides exhibits for events.  I had a contact that I was
working with since November that had told me that they could
possibly get display models of Phoenix and maybe some other
missions (MER, Pluto, etc...) for the conference.  They also
said that if Dr. Elachi was scheduled to speak at the
conference, this would help clear the way for getting the
funding and other administrative issues for issues.  I sent
George their contact information some time back via email.  Also
when I was talking with Rob Manning, he said that we should also
talk with Consuelo "Connie" Gennaro who does MER outreach at
JPL, about getting some MER hardware and other exhibit articles
for display.
Her phone number is (818) 393-3502.

Philip Cojanis   (moving forward
 one breath at a time)