[ISDC2006] Updated Volunteer Job Listings Document

Craig E. Ward cewcew at mac.com
Mon Feb 20 17:47:53 EST 2006

Attached is an updated version of the volunteer job listings I sent
out last week (2/12). I have added a section on benefits and merged
the corrections from Walt Mirczak regarding tours.

I'd like to start using the document this week. I can send it by
email to the current set of volunteers and start routing them to
different areas, but this brings up some questions.

To whom should I be sending volunteers for particular areas? I have a
Master Tracking excel spreadsheet from early 12/31/05, but I would
like something more concrete. (For example, this version of the
document lists my name by "Registration", but I have not agreed to be
the manager for that area, just be one of the needed "4 - 5 people"
and I know Karin has not either.) Is there an updated list that
identifies supervisors for these areas?

Another question is about on-going distribution of the volunteer
documents. I can send this one out this week by email, but I'd like
to have a place on the web to store it and other documents. I can
either send them to the ISDC webmaster to be incorporated into a page
dedicated to volunteer documents or I could set them up under my
chapter's domain (as I have done with the mailing list). I think the
former would integrate better, but I can also handle the latter.

Finally, I didn't see any response to the questions about volunteer
training and time tracking. If I don't hear anything soon, I'll just
make something up, which could include doing nothing.

Craig

cewcew at mac.com
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand
binary and those who don't."