[ISDC2006] Consolidated Job Descriptions

Craig E. Ward cewcew at mac.com
Sun Feb 12 15:00:10 EST 2006

Attached is a consolidated version of the various job descriptions
and requests for volunteers. I'd like to release it to the current
list of volunteers and start asking for people to express interest.

The documents that came my way included two very good ones from the
2005 ISDC. One was a similar list of volunteer needs with a shift
sheets and another was for volunteer training. Updating for 2006
would be a good thing, but it does raise some issues.

I did not expect that the Volunteer Coordinator position would
include scheduling for positions such as room monitor. What I thought
would happen is that as  people came forward, I could direct them to
other coordinators that needed people. Scheduling and such would be
done by the person coordinating that aspect of the conference, e.g.
room monitor schedules by track managers or the person in charge of
the registration table would schedule the table staffing.

Regardless of who manages the scheduling, having forms like the
examples for ISDC 2005 would help. I can do an initial edit of them
as a start.

Also, how much "formal" training will the conference chairs expect?
Would an update of the 2005 slides be enough or will some classroom
exposure be needed?

I have a schedule conflict for the teleconference next Sunday. There
should be enough time between now and then to address these issues by
email.

Craig

cewcew at mac.com
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand
binary and those who don't."