[ISDC2006] Re: New pages for ISDC website - please suggest

David Knight dknight at web.com
Thu Feb 2 16:22:41 EST 2006

Hello All, the attached provides the first-round basis for a page
that can branch off the site.  I have three suggestions:

1.  On the ISDC home page place a 'blurb' that states

Space Venturing Forum comes to ISDC!  Originally hosted by MIT and
Caltech, the Space Venturing Forum moves into its third year as the
kickoff event for ISDC 2006.  Click here for more details etc.

2.  ORBIT Awards to crown the opening night of ISDC 2006 -
featuring the Dennis Tito Award.  Click here for more details etc.

3.  On the downstream page(s) we can start with the synopsis that
is attached (Word file).

George I know there are still discussions about the ORBIT Awards
with STS so if you want to leave that off the site for now, that's
your call.  However let's go ahead and place the Space Venturing
Forum item up there, and we'll have a tentative agenda to post up
shortly.  Same for a reg-page specific to SVF, plus people should
be able to reg for SVF from the main ISDC reg-page - note that
since we will have a number of people coming to sign up solely for
SVF and the Awards, we should have obvious pages just for
these...or whatever configuration works within the
currently-planned format, so long as its really easy for VCs and
other such types to find the place to register without confusion.

Two items to note when HTML-ing these:  Space Venturing Forum (not
Venture), and ORBIT Awards (with all caps on the ORBIT)

Many thanks,

David.

David Knight
CEO