[ISDC2006] re space art

Karen Lau spikehug at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 17:58:49 EST 2005

Hi Robin:
The aforementioned artists are great and exhibit a
representational or visualization form of art. I met a
few space artists at a space art workshop held at Ames
in February of this year. There's a strong exploration
of combining the worlds of space science and art
together to create a body of work where art actually
can advance science in ways that we have not seen
before. Frank Pietronegro who's co-chairing the Space
Art track has access to such artists. I think in our
forefront of giving the public access to space, it is
crucial to exhibit these new ideas and raise the bar
to a higher consciousness to what space art is and can
be.

-Karen