[ISDC2006] Ad Hoc Training

Ronnie Lajoie space at knology.net
Tue Nov 22 13:23:46 EST 2005

Great idea Sam!  Within NSS, we have been fairly good at coming up
with the "content" for such training, but we have a very poor delivery
style, making it very hard to attract "students" from the more
exciting talks going on in the main tracks.

Back in 1993, ISDC Chairman Greg Allison "forced" everyone to attend
at least some activist/training session by having what he called a
"horizontal" track, from 11:00 AM to Noon if I remember correctly.
Thus, rather than hold training in a tiny room well separate from the
main events, training/motivation was PART of the main events.

Sometime in the 1980s I attended an Amway conference, and the motivation
speaker was the ONLY main event, or at least the only one I remember.

-- Ronnie

Ronnie M. Lajoie, space at knology.net
Voice: 256-461-5934, FAX:  256-464-4614
Home:  256-721-1083, Cell: 256-509-3833
NSS Chapters, Membership, Policy Committees
NSS Internet Development Team Lead
Officer, Huntsville Alabama L5 Society (HAL5)