[ISDC2006] ISDC 2006 _ First Round of Identity

Jeremy Pyle jeremy at nss.org
Wed Dec 14 14:29:38 EST 2005

Karen,

I agree with Seth that the first page logos are great and definitely get my
vote.  Of the three, I'm also leaning toward the left-most image (gold), as
it is the most simple, clean design and has the most eye-catching font.  I
don't know if you intended this, but the "Exploring New Worlds" font almost
looks like a fusion of the California Arts & Crafts motif and a retro-spacey
feel. LOVE it.

My only issue is that I like the other colors as well!  As Pat mentioned,
the "spacey" version on the right is also terrific.  I'd like to propose
going with the graphics as presented in the gold version, but create 3 or 4
interchangeable color versions for different uses?  For instance, depending
on the type of merchandising we do at ISDC, certain color schemes might work
better than others on shirts, mugs, pens, posters, flyers, etc.  Also, if we
go with 3 or 4 different color versions of the same logo, they can be
displayed side-by-side, for an added effect. This might look great wrapped
around a coffee mug, for instance.

Outstanding work Karen, and I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's
comments.

Best,
Jeremy

  _____