[ISDC2006] Possible movie screening at ISDC '06?

Michael Mealling mmealling at masten-space.com
Wed Dec 7 17:11:28 EST 2005

The producer of "Postcards from the Future" is interested in a screening
of the movie at the ISDC meeting. I blogged about it a few months ago here:
http://www.rocketforge.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=392

Here's a synopsis of the movie:
Sometime in the near future, humankind will set foot again on the Moon.
As part of President Bush's new Vision for Space Exploration, they will
build a permanent base on the moon, to test, research and invent new
technologies for manned missions to Mars and beyond. The task will not
be easy - there will be danger and hardships and broken lives, but these
modern-day pioneers would have it no other way. Because for all the
hardships that they must endure, they know that the Grand Vision extends
beyond them - that they are but a small part of what makes man's future
in the stars possible.

'Postcards From The Future' attempts to share this epic undertaking with
today's audience. We see the Grand Vision unfold over the course of two
decades by following the life of one man - civilian electrical engineer
Sean Everman. Entrusted with the task of helping to build out the power
grid on the Moonbase, Sean occasionally sends "Video Postcards" and
personal messages to his wife back on Earth, sharing with her the
details, trials and tribulations of his jobs. Over the epic course of
the story, these postcards from our possible future reveal in exquisite
detail the grand adventure that we are about to embark on...

/Postcards/ will be written and directed by Alan Chan, an industry
visual effects veteran, whose feature film credits include Academy Award
winning films such as Jim Cameron's "Titanic", "Lord of The Rings: The
Two Towers" and "Polar Express".

If anyone thinks this would be interesting please get in touch so I can
pass on Alan's contact details...

-MM

--
Michael Mealling                  Masten Space Systems, Inc.
VP Business Development                       473 Sapena Ct.